Are your employees frustrated?
September, 1st, 2019
Are your employees frustrated?
Since the launch of the ACA, many temp workers have been caught in the turbulence and uncertainty of the new benefits landscape.
They have experienced painful implementations, complicated plans, and less-than-helpful customer service. But this should not be the case. Satisfied employees are one key factor in the success of any business—and that is especially true in the staffing industry.
As a benefits provider, we believe the best way we can serve you is by championing the needs of your employees and making their satisfaction our top priority. After all, your employees are YOU.
Is your benefits provider working for you and your employees?
The ACA is complicated, but too many providers are delegating the frustrations and challenges of the ACA back to you or your employees. Rather, your provider should be working hard to adapt and excel to the changes of the industry and provide quality solutions. How can you know if your provider is working for you? Consider the following thoughts:
- Does your provider champion the employee experience? A key test for any benefits provider is their attitude towards your employees. Does your provider treat your employees with compassion? Do they seek to make the benefits experience an easy one? Or does your provider outsource the responsibility of customer care?
- Does your provider accommodate diverse workforces? Most staffing companies have diverse workforces, but does your provider’s customer care match this reality? Are customer care representatives bilingual? Or do your Spanish-speaking employees have to dig for answers? Are employees met with automated menus and long wait times or with a real person who genuinely cares?
- Do you get access to employee data? Often, no news is good news when it comes to the employee experience. But that doesn’t mean you should be left in the dark. Does your provider give you quick access to employee data? Is your provider proactive in dealing with any potential issues? Or do you only find out about problems when it’s too late?
How can I improve my employee experience?
At Benefits in a Card, we believe that, as your provider, we have an obligation to serve both you and your employees with respect, dignity, and excellence. We are the first benefits provider to exclusively serve the temp staffing industry, and we boast a 23-year legacy of compassionate service to our clients (both employer and employee). Here are a few things that make us different:
- We keep key resources in-house. Unlike many of our competitors, we have chosen to keep all of our key resources in-house. We firmly believe that we need a connection to both you and your employees. We are confident in our plans, and we do not outsource the responsibility to support them. We have found that this deliberate approach leads to an all-around better product and better customer experience.
- We accommodate diverse workforces. Spanish-speakers should not have to dig for quality customer care. It’s our job to be accessible. That is why we only hire bilingual customer care representatives to support the needs of your employees.
- We don’t complicate things. In an age of automated menus and a one-size-fits-all approach to customer service, we have chosen a different path. We connect people with people.
- We empower you. We believe it’s important that you always have your finger on the pulse of your workforce. That is why we seek to provide you with unprecedented access to employee data, such as audio files of employee calls.
- We genuinely care. Compassion is in our DNA. This plays itself out in our participation in charities and community service. But just as importantly, we seek to demonstrate our compassion each and every time we interact with one of your employees. And that makes all the difference in the world.
Are you looking for a compassionate provider who will champion your employee experience? Please contact one of our representatives to find out how we can partner with you.